Roost - make your smoke alarms into connected devices (IoT)
Roost have developed a smoke alarm reporting system in a 9 volt battery profile so it fits in and works in any smoke alarm. Another example of being able to use existing components and technology to bring the huge installed base into the IoT. Spoke to Roost's CMO David Henry at CES Unwired.
Looks just like a 9 volt battery and has two smaller Lithium batteries inside so maintains the 5+ year power supply, but also has WiFi, a processor and software, an audio detector tuned into alarm sound and no matter where you are, notifies to your smartphone when alarm has sounded or if the battery needs replacing. RRP $35. Availability May this year. Innovative and I want a couple, but not sure about the price point versus 9V battery...
CES Items by Category
- > ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform? > > > >
- > BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually" > > > >
- > KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker > > > >
- > Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain > > > >
- > OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks > > > >
- > Vuzix M100 and potential for Consumer Smart Glasses > > > >
- > Scanadu Scanaflo - Easy way to Monitor your own Health... > > > >
- > Apira Science - hair raising head gear! > > > > Read more... > > >
- > HEARTGUIDE Wrist Watch - Blood Pressure on the Go, on the Couch, even while you Sleep. Cardiology Department on your Wrist? > > > >
- > VUZE CAMERA – Making 3D360º VR content easy as point and click > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks