Not a Hover Board, but pretty Functional!
IO Hawk - "Intelligent Personal Mobility Device"
Saw these in Vegas being demoed and letting people try them.
Not easy to step onto and use, but people seem to get the balance after a while. Just slight pressure on your feet steers and propels.
Eye catching lights on the back for safety, but looks cool when you whizz past! Top speed - 6mph.
Weighs only about 20 pounds so fits in backpack when not in use or when batteries are dead (battery life not stated)
A bit pricey though - $1800.
At the end of the day groups of people who were demoing them were heading to the buses, talking to each other, etc.
A weird scene!
Soon to become a common one?
CES Items by Category
3D360º 360º Accessory AI APPcessories AR AR smartglasses Augmented Reality contextual Fashion Fitness Gaming healthcare IoMe IoT mHealth Miscellaneous Photography Power Robotics Sensors Smart Glasses Virtual Reality VR VR, AR 3D/360º VR, Virtual Reality, smart Glasses VR/AR Wearable Wearables Wellness
- > ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform? > > > >
- > BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually" > > > >
- > KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker > > > >
- > Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain > > > >
- > OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks > > > >
- > Scanadu > > > >
- > Connected Pacifier from BlueMaestro > > > >
- > Looq Systems "Selfie" Pole! > > > >
- > Simply place the Scanadu Scout™ to the forehead... > > > >
- > Reading on the Beach for Tablet Users? > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks