Lumus Near-Eye Screen Tech gets Better every Year
The Lumus display continues to look better each year and wins the prize for the best (currently available) display in my opinion, but yet to find its way into a finished and commercially available products. This display may be destined for consumer Smartglasses, but seems to be relegated to one eye industrial applications so far. Manufacturing cost seems to have been the the major problem to date. They showed me lenses with 40º and 55º FoV. and both were bright and vivid displays with quite good, clear see through as well.
Perhaps the Quanta Computer investment and their manufacturing expertise will yield a viable component for lower cost smartglasses? Also the potential of link up with Apple looks interesting.
I will be monitoring progress...
CES Items by Category
- > ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform? > > > >
- > BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually" > > > >
- > KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker > > > >
- > Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain > > > >
- > OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks > > > >
- > Modius - Positive Attitude is Important for Losing Weight, but apparently Vestibular Nerve Stimulation helps too! > > > >
- > Reading on the Beach for Tablet Users? > > > >
- > Simply place the Scanadu Scout™ to the forehead... > > > >
- > Epson - Latest model launched at CES > > > >
- > Google Glass - kickstarter of the next era of Innovation > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks