Lumus Near-Eye Screen Tech gets Better every Year
The Lumus display continues to look better each year and wins the prize for the best (currently available) display in my opinion, but yet to find its way into a finished and commercially available products. This display may be destined for consumer Smartglasses, but seems to be relegated to one eye industrial applications so far. Manufacturing cost seems to have been the the major problem to date. They showed me lenses with 40º and 55º FoV. and both were bright and vivid displays with quite good, clear see through as well.
Perhaps the Quanta Computer investment and their manufacturing expertise will yield a viable component for lower cost smartglasses? Also the potential of link up with Apple looks interesting.
I will be monitoring progress...
CES Items by Category
- > ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform? > > > >
- > BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually" > > > >
- > KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker > > > >
- > Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain > > > >
- > OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks > > > >
- > Heart Rate Monitoring that makes sense. > > > >
Is that a Pen in your Pocket or a Wearable Heads-up Display?
This was one of the interesting discoveries that caught my eye at…> > > > >
- > Pixelio iPhone based 3D scanner > > > >
- > VUZE CAMERA – Making 3D360º VR content easy as point and click > > > >
- > Reading on the Beach for Tablet Users? > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks