Is that a Pen in your Pocket or a Wearable Heads-up Display?
This was one of the interesting discoveries that caught my eye at the JETCO Japan Pavilion. A Google Glass-like wearable display which could be carried like a pen in the pocket, and then "transformed" into a one-eye display with camera, battery and software on board. On the table was a working Vuzix M100 I suppose to show how the concept model could be used in various applications.
i found the concept interesting for someone who would use Smart Glasses off and on in the course of the day in their profession. Sort of like taking out your glasses to get a clearer, close up look at a situation, but in this case with image capture, remote assistance and relevant information on tap.
A nice concept, but not sure of the useability aspects.
I say, let's just move on quickly to the next phase - normal looking glasses with lenses that augment your vision with relevant info, and do a bit of life blogging and sharing at the same time!
- > Garden Tools – Sensors + AI + AR = Green Cyber-Thumbs > > > >
- > Moasure – Handy Pocket Tool to Measures any Shape > > > >
- > Quick Energy’s Quick-e Disposable Phone Charger > > > >
- > The Barisieur – Funky, Fashionable, Functional, Fab Coffee > > > >
- > Owl Car Cam - Video Security & Peace of Mind, Driving and Parked > > > >
- > Throwing a party? Panono Captures it All! > > > >
- > About Ken > > > >
- > Foldimate - Robotic Clothes Folding for the Home. > > > >
- > HEARTGUIDE Wrist Watch - Blood Pressure on the Go, on the Couch, even while you Sleep. Cardiology Department on your Wrist? > > > >
- > Vuzix Blade - Finally, AR Glasses you might wear! > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks