The Premium Watch Brands Make their Move
Starting now (March 2015), the "Connected Watch" (aka, Smart Watch) sector will be dominated by existing watch brands that know their customers well and they will now add appropriate features and applications in their next models. Partly because it's the next value add they can make to their products and simply because they can - the electronics fit in without changing the profile of their products, they know what features would turn on their brand fans next and their consumer base all have smartphones.
These brands, plus a precious few - Apple, Pebble, Martian and a few other "Smart Watch" pioneers will be the dominant players in this category going forward. (R.I.P. to most of the others)
Other notable evidence - Guess Watches with Martian inside. Swarovski Shine with Misfit Shine hiding inside their latest jewellery collection.
- > Garden Tools – Sensors + AI + AR = Green Cyber-Thumbs > > > >
- > Moasure – Handy Pocket Tool to Measures any Shape > > > >
- > Quick Energy’s Quick-e Disposable Phone Charger > > > >
- > The Barisieur – Funky, Fashionable, Functional, Fab Coffee > > > >
- > Owl Car Cam - Video Security & Peace of Mind, Driving and Parked > > > >
- > Augmenting Reality - Add Smell to the Sensory Experience! > > > >
- > Heart Rate Monitoring that makes sense. > > > >
- > iHealth - A Personal Healthcare Ecosystem > > > >
- > Sound on the Go: Portable, Sleek Design, Sound Quality and Volume > > > >
- > PLOTT - Using an AR/VR Appcessory to turn a Creative Idea into Reality in your Home > > > >
- ReSound LINX 3D - Smart Hearing plus Smart Sensing - A "Hearables" Wellness Platform?
- BeBop's Forte Wireless Data Glove - Lets you Get-a-Grip "Virtually"
- KITSOUND VOICE - One Smart Speaker
- Looxid Labs VR Headset Emotion/Interest checking - Eyes and Brain
- OrCam MyEye 2.0 - Help for the Partially Sighted with Daily Tasks